First Day to School; Baby Boy Meets World…

3rd January 2008 – Both of my kids, Ikhwan and Marsya, registered and went to their new school, hmmm kindergarten actually. Both of them were fired up and excited to begin their first day at school. Waking them up in the morning was not troublesome at all. However, the pace was slower because they just woke up and were still sleepy. I took a day off from work to accompany and witness their very first day together with my beloved wife.

ikhwan marsya kindergarten 3

Ikhwan and Marsya wore their shoes at the front door.

tadika ijazah

Tadika Ijazah. This is their English Medium Pre-School (which consists of two unit of houses transformed into a kindergarten) . It cost us RM1100 for registration for both of them. The monthly fees are RM90 per person. Well, it’s cheaper than the well establish Tadika Nuri franchise, which the registration cost about RM1100 per person and from RM150 monthly per person (check out Tadika Nuri website for more accurate figure). Nowadays, enrolling kids to kindergarten is like sending them to local university. The cost and maintenance is so high.

As for primary and secondary school is concern, believe it or not, this year, the entire cost (including uniform + school fees + etc) to send children to school is very high. I knew about this when I chatted with a bunch of friends at work and in my neighbourhood. Most of them complained on how ridiculously high the cost for school registration. I wonder how the lower income citizens can afford the cost!!! Hopefully, in future, we can enjoy totally 100% free education.

ikhwan marsya kindergarten 2

Ikhwan and Marsya at their kindergarten

ikhwan marsya kindergarten

Ikhwan and Marsya playing the puzzle (are those thing called puzzle? I’m not sure). Ikhwan was still uncomfortable. Actually both of them fear us leaving. As we left, we can hear them shouting and crying. But, we have to leave them and let their teachers handle them. After school, they were OK and happy; and eager to go to school the next day.

A New Life, A New Beginning…

3rd January 2008 – A new baby boy was born about 0730 hours after the mother felt the contraction 3 hours before. He is my new nephew and their grand parents’ 2nd grandson. It was a normal birth delivery and the baby weighted 2.7 kg. It seems that the mother experienced an easy and fast delivery – no complications. Thank God. Hmm….at this moment, the baby don’t have a name yet. When are you going to name him Budeen?

Azi baby 1

Was he thinking? Or having a sweet wonderful dream?

Azi baby 2

He sleeps peacefully. He’s really cute and small. When will you bring him to JB Budeen?

Azi kiss baby boy

Budeen, the father embraced his beloved new born son. Thanks for the photos bro.

zakiyamanidotcom viewed in hospital

Oh yea….while waiting at the hospital, it’s good to read zakiyamani.com. Well, after this browse via FireFox Ok….!

No Responses

those 2 kids look cute wearing uniforms. hope they’ll adapt the environment fast, getting new friends in no time and bring home more values and good influences to your family, esspecially Alya.

We haven’t decided the baby’s name yet, though we have few options in mind. we might go for a simple yet meaningful name. name which relates to strong & bold character, probably a fighter among sahaba..

In few hours we’ll be discharged & go south heading muar. we plan to bring him to JB within the next couple of weeks..

@ Budeen,

I liked to see them in uniform. I took a lot of photos especially on their first day at school.

I know you’ll give him a good name. And we look forward to see the your new baby son soon. Take care.

3. Adlina says:

For an English-medium preschool, I’m surprised they managed to make a grammatical mistake on the simple phrase on their banner… Hehe…

So sweet that you take a day off just to witness their first day! And I love how sweet they look in their uniforms! I never went to preschool. Mom put me in standard 2 illegally when I was 5 and standard 1 when I was 6. If I remember correctly, I once joined standard 5 kids when I was younger than 5. *sigh*

Oh, and my best wishes to your brother’s family for their newborn baby boy~

@ Adlina,

Can you highlight which one is the phrase mistake?

Actually, that was one moment that we should not miss as a parent. Wow….your story is quite interesting. How come you jump to standard 2 before standard 1? That’s kind of weird! You joined standard 5 kids when you’re younger than 5??? I don;t understand..

Thanks for the wish… I think he’ll reply your wish soon…

5. zaki blogjer says:

The baby i cute. Budeen, congrats for being a father.

I’m gonna be a father at the end of this month too, hope everything is fine. Ameen

@ zaki blogjer,

Yes, he is definitely cute.

When are you expecting Zaki blogjer? Is it going to be your first?

my niece also went to kindergarten this year, she really excited and talk about it the whole day. 😀

8. Adlina says:

@zaki: It’s their main motto.. Should be ‘for’ instead of ‘to’, right? ‘Provide to’ is not valid because ‘to’ there is more like an infinitive. It’s sounds like a direct translation from Malay to English.

Hehe.. About my story there. Well, my Mom’s a teacher there, so she kind of ‘illegally’ smuggled me into those classes (shhh~). I remember demonstrating reading from a storybook when I was 4 to a standard 4 class where most of them couldn’t read and write properly. Explains why I’m comfortable around people when the time came for me to really go to a real standard 1 class.

@ Catzer,

Is it? That’s good. My kids were so excited to go to school. But the first day, they cried….But then, now, they are already ok. They don’t cry anymore. They like going to school. I’m glad they do.

@ Adlina,

Yes, I noticed it too. You’re right. Yes, there are few errors, which we notice, but the students may not notice it. The teachers are conversing in English, which is good. At least the kids will be familiar with English.

So, you utilized your mother….No wonder you can do that!

Congrats to your brother 🙂

so, how was the 1st day of school. RM90 is quite cheap. I sent my 2nd one to smart reader kids last year. RM250 per month.

@ Azwan,

Yeah…Smart reader is pretty expansive. However, suprisingly it is cheaper in Perlis, my friend there told me. He send his kid for smart reader and paid around RM100 or less. I can’t recall.

12. Thushara says:

Conratulations. I wish bright future for their education. I think they will follow your path and become grate chemical engineers in future.

@ Thushara,

Ha ha….!!! Thanks…By the way, it’s up to them…Let they decide on what to do when they grow up as long as it is a good career or good job. I just wish they become a good and useful people.

14. Aizat says:

Those pics remind me of my kindergarten year. i still remember when my teacher fetch me from home. the kindergarten teacher’s house is not far from where i live. so everyday she took me to the kindergarten. i wonder where is my pics wearing the convo jubah during kindergarten

@ Aizat,

You better search for those pictures. Then you can recall those sweet and memorable moments. Then, you can share them with us….;)

16. Aizat says:

Yeah! I will search for those pics when i get back to my hometown. btw.. anda sudah kena tag..:

@ Aizat,

Wow….Thanks bro…

18. NoktahHitam says:

thats freaking expensive. I think I’ll just home school my kid.. thats if I had one. haha

@ NoktahHitam,

Oh yes, but how long are you going to do that? when you have the kids?
    At one point, you’ll have to send them to school.

20. webworm says:

Wow ! Hot topic…

@ Webworm,

Which one is the hot topic??

wow… the edu cost for our children are quite expensive now days… unlike when we are in tadika kemas… it cost our parent just a few pennies a month… btw say my congratulation to ur bro for his newborn baby…

@ Am,

Surprisingly yes! I also don’t understand why the fees and registrations for kids school are too expansive?! If we feel who earn reasonably well feels expansive, what about those unfortunate people who earn less for their family. It must be tough for them to send their kids to kindergarten!!!

I believe, my bro is reading your comment and he says thanks.

24. Aizat says:

maybe we need to bring this matter to the minister.. because school fees suppose to be free now.. but the minister didn’t monitor pre school

25. Aini says:

ini zaki yamani kawan puteri ker?

@ Aini,

Ha’a…ye lah…Ini zaki member si puteri masrina…
    Faizal Haslah ok ke?

1. February 17, 2008

[…] is my newborn 40 days old nephew named Zayd. He’s sleeping peacefully in his father’s Honda City. […]