Latest Bond Girls in Bond 22

Usually I don’t cover this type of story because I’m not that type of entertainment guy or Hollywood person!!! However, the next James Bond movie which will appear on November 7th, 2008 (worldwide) enticed me. After noticing the head line, The new Bond girls, on Yahoo.com homepage, I could not stop myself from getting the answer. I clicked the link and the name Olga appears. The Ukrainian born model and actress is picked as one of the new Bond girls and will feature in the next Bond 22. Bond 22 is the working title for the next James Bond movie, a sequel to the 2006 Casino Royale (which I have not seen yet!!!). To be honest, I don’t like the style of Daniel Craig, the new Bond who replaced the James Bond that I liked, Pierce Brosnan (apart from Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton). That put off me from watching Casino Royale. However, I think, I should give Craig’s debut as James Bond in Casino Royale a try, simply because Bond 22 is the sequel for it.

Bond girl Olga Kurylenko

Olga Kurylenko … the newest Bond girl

Ops….let’s get back to the Bond girl story. With her appearance in Bond 22, Olga Kurylenko joins a long list of leading ladies to cast alongside the super spy including Halle Berry, Kim Basinger, Talisa Soto, Malaysia’s Datuk Michele Yeoh and most recently Eva Green in Casino Royale. In the past, being a “Bond girl” has given actresses massive exposure and launched lucrative careers.

gemma arterton

British Gemma Arterton, 22, is the next Bond Girl

Followings are 4 interesting facts about James Bond that you might want to know:

1. Since 1962, six actors have portrayed James Bond in “official” films:

James Bond actors

2. The James Bond Movies were inspired and adopted from some of the Original 007-Bond Books:
Ian Fleming

Kingsley Amis as Robert Markham

John Gardner

Raymond Benson

Sebastian Faulks

Young Bond
Charlie Higson

Novelisations
Christopher Wood

John Gardner

Raymond Benson

3. Bond 23 (the film name for the project) will be played in 2010 with Daniel Craig as the James Bond. Bond Girls for Bond 23 have not yet been announced. The producer might do some selections somewhere end of 2009, I guess.

4. Thunderball (1965), where Sean Connery played Bond is the highest box office among other James Bond movie. It collected a staggering $924,747,936. For comparison, Casino Royale (2006) collected $608,148,153.

My favourite James Bond: Sean Connery, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan

My favourite Bond movie: The Living Daylights

My favourite Bond Girl: Talisa Soto (Licence to Kill ~ 1989)

My favourite Bond Sound Track: Licence to Kill ~ 1989 – Tina Turner

My favourite Bond Gadget: Mobile phone in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) where it have various features:

• a stun gun,
  • a fingerprint scanner/analyzer/transmitter that can also be used for opening high-tech fingerprint-identification locks
  • Antennae lock pick, which detaches from the phone and when inserted into a keyhole, hitting a key on the phone can then open the lock.
  • “Flip-open” remote control for operating his BMW 750iL (Directional steering pad, LCD monitor for the front and rear view, controls to fire rocket launcher and operate the car’s other defense mechanisms)
    • NOTE: This was a concept phone designed by Ericsson. Much of the look of this phone including the “flip-open” design was eventually (a few years) incorporated into Ericsson’s R380 “smartphone” which combined a fully functional mobile phone, PDA-like tools and WAP services.

Hmmm….What about your favourite Bond stuffs? gadgets? movie?

No Responses

i want to be a Bond 007..i love number 7 :p

anyway nobody vote me as bond girl during our class representation for bond series.. too short,not sexy and too cute :p

Bond is no my thing either, but the Z3 used in one of the movie is cool.. i cant recall the title but it features pierce brosnan

3. NoktahHitam says:

Oooohh.. I like the british girl. Never heard of her before.

You should really give Casino Royale a try. It shows how human he is unlike the previous one, tembak, sure kene.

4. Thushara says:

You have great sense on movies. A different article (post) on your blog. Nice

Thushara

5. Cristin says:

Bond is over for me now that they have replaced the lovely Pierce with Mr Potatohead.

@ Catzer,

hmmm…I think you should be a Malaysian version of Bond Girl!!! Don’t you think so…Than I can blog about you… 🙂

@ Budeem,

Where’ve you been missing bro…? Oooo you’ve been busy searching for a new Z3 to replace your Honda?!!! How’s your baby?

@ NoktahHitam,

Why do you like the British girl? I’ll get Casino Royale DVD tomorrow and watch it.

@ Tushara,

Thanks bro… I blog anything in this blog as long as it is under my radar and interest…. Hope you enjoy it.

@ Cristin,

Yeah…. me too. That’s why I have not watch Casino Royale yet. However, due to some good recommendations, I want to give it a try…

hahaha, me bond girl..everyone will vomited to watch this ugly and numb girl. :p

8. mmuurrllyy says:

olga….damn hot…hahahaa:p
    casino royale was nice but a bit disappointment…..i guess 🙂

@ Catzer,

Don’t underestimate your self and inner beauty!?!

@ Mmuurrllyy,

Yea…she’s hot….Casino Royale, I could not comment yet….I have not got the DVD yet…

am start kenal bond waktu zaman Pierce Brosnan.. tak pernah miss la time dia berlakon… dan yang sebelum dan sesudah dia am tak pernah tengok lagi… filemnye…

11. zaki blogjer says:

British Gemma Arterton, 22, is the next Bond Girl

Olga Kurylenko … the newest Bond girl

err, which 1 is bond girl?? Olga has more seductive looks, so prefer her over Gemma, who looks classier

12. Aizat says:

Olga ? just heard her name from this post.. hehe.. know nothing about here. looking forward for the next bond movie but i just watch it and not a die hard fan of james bond 007

@ Am,

Laa….ye ke….Bond yang sebelum2 tu memang tak kenal ke? tak pe….tak penting pun…

@ Zaki Bolgjer,

Both are the new Bond girls. In every James Bond movie, there’ll be 2 beautiful girls. It’s up to you which one you prefer, but end of the day, it’s Bond who’ll have fun with them!!!

@ Aizat,

You and I and those who want to see the new James Bond movie must wait another 11 months before it is released.

memang gitulah… yang casino royale tu kawan am cakap sedap…. pinjam cd dia tapi gambar tak lawa.. terus takde mood nak tengok… mungkin besok2 download jer kat tenet dapat le tengok…

@ Am,

Aku baru je habis tgk Casino Royale. Hero dia takla macam Pierce Brosnan yang terlalu control hensem….juga kurang gadget…yang ada cuma dlm kereta dia je….Tapi personally, aku macam tak berapa minat la tgk casino royale nie…harapnya Bond 22 lagi best la….

By the way, thanks for the download…

Bond girls are always ‘yummy’ 🙂 . Not a fav series but never missed one. I wonder how the next movie would be like.

@ Azwan,

Ha ha….he he…I agree, yummy!!! taste like strawberry… that quote is from one of the bond movie…. 🙂

18. zaki blogjer says:

So lucky being James Bond!!

@ zaki blogjer,

Jealous nampak? 🙂

20. Aizat says:

Bukan jelous.. teringin jadi james bond jer.. hehe.. nampak bergaya dan gempak,

@ Aizat,

Become James Bond Malaysia version…

22. Bent says:

I think that girls is gorgeous enough to be next bond girl 🙂