New Proton Saga BLM, What Do You Think?

Finally, a slightly different look for a new Proton Saga codename BLM. For such a long time, Proton has just been improving and modifying their older models. The emergence of Proton Saga BLM gave a fresh look and new dimension. It will definitely going to be a popular choice due to the lower price range.

Proton BLM Launched

Earlier, Proton Holdings Berhad managing director, Datuk Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir said at a media briefing that the car is designed from the beginning, as the vehicle for the masses, a rakyat’s car. β€œWith such pricing and value for money proposition, anyone who earns about RM1,300 a month can afford the new Saga,” he added.

Proton Saga BLM rear

New Proton Saga Videos

I believe people with lower to average income family will benefit from the new model big time. Masses have wider choices and more options for lower budget family vehicle. One who wanted to purchase a Perodua Kancil can now opt for a bigger car at Proton Saga BLM which has a price range almost similar to Kancil. For me, I’m just going to stick with my Kancil because of the lower CC and it save me a lot because I traveled minimum 100 km a day for work.

proton saga BLM front

I believe, a lot of people (including me) searched to check out more on the price range, colours, specifications and other features of the new Proton Saga BLM. To my disappointment, I found out that Proton.com website is not updated and uploaded with the PDF brochure or information of the new Proton BML. I guess, I need to go to Proton show room tomorrow to have a better view and feel of this new economical sedan although I’m not going to buy it… πŸ˜‰ We’re considering the new Toyota Camry…

Check tonnes of the new Proton Saga BLM video and other range of Proton’s automobile here.

I think, maybe Proton or other car manufacturers/sellers can also make people order online? Is that possible…?

Later Updates

I intend to include this additional post about the NEW SAGA on Monday night. However, I was too busy and tired.

I visited Proton Edar Pasir Gudang area to have a closer look on the new launched Proton Saga BLM. Two models (Metallic Black and Granite Gray colour) were displayed. One was locked and parked outside the showroom. Another one which was the Black Metallic was crowded with people wanting to see, inspect, feel and test the car. Sincerely, for such a price, I think, it is a good family car for a low to medium income family. The design does not duplicate any of the previous proton models. However, I’m disappointed because other brighter colour such as Mountain Blue, Chilli Red and Zircon Green was not available for display. At least I already sit in it and feel it (but have not drive it yet… :)… Enjoy the photos.

proton1

proton2

proton3

proton4

proton5

proton6

proton7

Β proton8

1. zaki blogjer says:

This car is really up to my expectation!! Good work proton, and keep it up on future model too!!

@ Zaki Blogjer,

Yes, later I want to check it out too…
    Thanks, for your assistance earlier…Really appreciate it…

it’s for the rakyat if looking from the price. not bad design either. but for people who have money, camry is nice πŸ™‚ i would want one too.

@ Azwan,

Yes, you’re right. It can be a second or third car for those who have extra money…. I wonder when I can own a Camry… My wife is dying to drive it too…. πŸ˜‰

5. afham says:

i get somebody perception, and he tells me should see first the 2 months after this to make sure the quality of this product..

@ Afham,

Yes, you’re right. We need to see and get some feedback before rushing to purchase the car. After all it is not a cheap stuff. Let they improve it from the feedbacks they receive from first stage buyers….

Same like Waja. They have improve the car after receiving lots of feedback from the initial users. Now, I can say, Waja is among the best average sedan car around. I’m so satisfied with my Waja. I think it’s better than Vios, spacious than vios as well.

Just saw it today. for those on a budget, this is worth buying

8. Yeah..

I agreed that waja is the best sedan car produced by PROTON.. πŸ™‚ Even my Jazz also hav a lot of quality problem. And now, i dare to choose waja as my fisrt choice! The handling is better than Jazz.. But Proton still need to upgrade their quality not in terms of product oly but also most of their service centre which is not in a good satisfaction.

Hopefully Proton can move faster to put their brand in a TOP GEAR!! πŸ™‚

9. Aizat says:

Great achievement for Malaysian Car.. support local product.. of cos the quality is not the same with BMW or Mercedes or honda or toyota because they were in the auto industry for hundreds years. at least we should proud with our national car.

@ Azwan,

I also saw it during lunch time. i think it’s really a people car…

@ Expressbisnes,

Wow…That’s a really good compliment to the national car compared to a very well known brand. I’m a proud and happy user of Proton Waja Enhanced Edition…

@ Aizat,

Yes, we should support and use them. I’m using two national cars. But when the time comes, I may switch to a foreign car which …. is more cooool… πŸ˜‰

brapa harganya yer… sorry am tak banyak tengok tv…

12. webworm says:

Zaki,
    Finally you blog back to normal now.

Congrats on being published in CHEMUNIQUE !

i support national auto by buying foreign cars.. haha.. atleast providing them competitive ground to improve further… bro, i wish you own a camry soon.. boleh tumpang… huhu

@ Am,

I’ll include the price soon.

@ Webworm,

Yeah…I was so shocked for a while. Thanks to Mael and Zaki Blogjer who assisted me.

So, you read Chemunique already?!! He he πŸ™‚

@ Budeen,

I don’t really see the connection. It doesn’t make any sense – supporting national car by driving a Honda?!! Well… that’s cool…

15. zaki blogjer says:

If proton can come out with cars that can rival the likes of Toyota and Honda, especially in the same class of civic and vios, that would be the signal the proton is ready to go North America, but the question is when??

@ Zaki Blogjer,

Hopefully soon. That will be a great achievement to our nation… Malaysia Boleh!!!

what happen semalam… error 500 external server something…. tak dapat masuk…

@ Am,

Some problem with my files in the FTP. Luckily zakiblogjer was around to assist me. I hope it won’t happen anymore…Thanks for your concern… πŸ™‚

syukurla dah selamat semuanya… am ada gunakan satu plugin yang biasa am guna kalau buat blog update new version… atau site keluar error… am activate plugin tu untuk bagitau pelawat yang blog tengah kemaskini…

nama plugin tu site unavailable…

@ Am,

Owhh…. That’s interesting. Can you share it with us? Or inside your blog?

the black one looks cool.

@ Azwan,

Yes, I fancy the black one compared to the rest of the colours. “Hitam itu menawan!!! Black is elegant… πŸ™‚

i’ll share it later… btw lepas tengok kat paultan punya red blm… am terus jatuh chenta… dengan blm…

24. zaki blogjer says:

Anyone here has booked saga blm? I heard the waiting period is around 4 months. Sigh

@ Am,

Red BLM pun orait. But I’m not really into that bright striking colour. It’s a personal choice, ain’t it?

@ Zaki Blogjer,

Wow, it that is true, it’s a long time to wait. Our hair will get longer by 2 cm before we can get that car!!!! πŸ˜‰

although cool, but i still prefer light colored cars

my honda was white, the current citra is silver.
    wira tu tak boleh diambil kira, keta bini

@ Azwan,

Wah….a lot of cars…. You need the fuel saver because Citra consume a lot of your petrol πŸ™‚

wow… pakcik kita ni banyak keta… tak dapat tambah bini… tambah keta pun jadikla… πŸ˜†

@ Am & Azwan,

Pakcik kita tu kayo….pakcik KAYO….!!

dah tgk kereta kat showroom cuti thaipusam hari tu.. nampaknya pomen akan suka kereta ni sbb arangement kat ruang enjin tu lapang dan selesa..

@ Budeen,

Wah…sampai ke lobang engine perati yee….

apa plak kaya, typical la KL people. 1 family, 2 cars. honda tu ‘was’, dah jual lama dah.

33. webworm says:

Yeap…I have read Chemunique. A pretty good magazine for a student in Uni. Seem Thusara is a bit quite now. What do you think ?

What about you Chem Eng Blog ? Make more posting.

@ Azwan,

Ala….usik sikit2 je tu….tahu la kitorang….tapi it’s good if you’re truly capable and rich, ain’t it?

@ Webworm,

Seem Thusara is a bit quite now. What do you think ?

What is your question? I don’t get it? I’m working on the posting frequency.,..Really appreciate your concern…:)

35. Aizat says:

now they receive about 9k order for blm… on a few week after being launched.. good job proton.. hope the saga blm have improve from the a few last model of proton

@ Aizat,

I hope proton can come with MPV….a good one….like toyota wish

37. Wan_k11 says:

colour kalau pandai pilih memang cantik. asalkan colour tu memang menepati citarasa korang. performance kete saga ni bleh tahan.. cam waja lama.. bukan waja campro or waja cps… yang tu memang power r.. new waja cps have 125 hp.. so it so powerful for family car i think. and this hp is higher than other carsin proton family.. kete saga ni pun apa kurang hebatnya.. memang best..

@ Wan K11,

Pilih colour…tapi kecantikan itu subjektif, bergantung kepada si pembeli. Ada yang suka warna merah cili, ada yang suka hitam solid, ada yang suka metallic. Tapi overall, memang saga baru ni nampak cool. Ingat macam nak order sebijik, tapi kereta yang dah sedia ada pun tak sempat nak cuci… πŸ˜‰

39. CarFan says:

Proton as really lift it’s game in the last few years. It’s definitely a brand I would have a look at if I was to change car.

40. Bent says:

I like new proton design very much..I just wonder the price now..maybe I buy this instead of myvi what do you think bro

41. DD says:

The car is worth the money but with the current petrol price increase … i believe many would think twice now …