Once Upon A Time In TGI Friday

Sometimes we just do not know what life has in store for us. An ordinary simple mundane day could turn out being a very pleasant one indeed.

It is yet another time for us to renew our maid’s permit this April. Despite of my husband’s busy schedule in his workplace, I with courage have asked him to take a half day leave to come with me to FOMEMA to take care of the medical check-up procedure. The process was very simple, and we aced with no problem, owed to the thorough research I did before going. We were even done before 3 o’clock in the afternoon and we still have some time to enjoy a meal together if we want. Since we haven’t really eaten lunch, it seems like a call to our favourite place, McDonalds.

TGI Friday Interior

Along the way, as I glanced through my left window, I saw TGI Fridays up front. Since my tummy was already playing an unpleasant orchestra, and we haven’t really had the opportunity to endeavor the food they serve, I nonchalantly asked my other half if he wants to try the food there. To my pleasant surprise, he said he can still make a u-turn if I want to. Do we really want to? We have no special occasion to celebrate and it’s not like we have all the money in the world to lavishly spend. But why not? It’s not everyday that we have our quiet moment alone without the kids. Not saying that we don’t enjoy their presence, they are the apples of our eyes, but it is quite wonderful to savour a calm dining time without them sometime. Fuuhhh…that’s pretty hard for me to say, I already even feel guilty now.

So off we go…heading to that place we haven’t set foot before. It’s not like we seems like an odd couple who’s not in the right place, we are naturals. The crew was very attentive, very calm, happy and most of all very welcoming. After screening through the very well presented menu, I decided to try their Jack Daniel grilled chicken and Zaki made up his mind on having their in-house fish and chip. I was tempted to order a diet coke as I am on a very strict diet to stay in shape, but I can always have that just about everywhere. Zaki was on the verge of having a nasty cold, so he just wanted a glass of hot water. When I ask if he wants to try their milkshake (our favourite drink), he said he can give that a little sip. Ahh…I will be guilty for life if I were to down that alone. But my instinct was saying to just get along with it. So…chocolate milkshake it was.

Chocolate Milk Shake

The first to come was the milkshake. I was expecting it to be like the usual milkshakes we had before, but this one is different. I just could not forget the feeling it left after my first little sip. It was wonderfully delicious with just the right amount of everything. It was the best milkshake I’ve ever had. Zaki also did not even care about his cold anymore and was even thinking of ordering another one!

Grilled Chicken

Good Fish and Chips

The food we ordered arrived in no time and they were simply the best. Zaki managed to capture some pictures of the food (it has become quite a habit for him since he started blogging). All in all, we had a very unexpectedly pleasant memorable experience today. The price was not that overwhelmingly high too, it was tolerable for a very nice tingle to your taste buds. Bravo TGI Friday…I have a feeling that this will not be our last time there.

No Responses

@ Honey,

Thanks for the post….Maybe you can do it more often 😉

Honey? Bini ko ke zaki oit? Rajin plak korang gi makan ek. Sedap nampak. Nanti aku nak jugak la..

huhuhuh,dah lama tak ke TGI Friday..sedap2 😀

4. shaz says:

that milkshake and Jack Daniel grilled chicken looks really delicious..i should try it..hehe

macam best je nampak.. betul ke org kata kalau makan TGI Friday on friday ada special discount?

@ Titan,

Yep, that’s my wife who wrote the entry.. Is it OK? She has a better English than me. That’s why I like it when she write for me… 🙂

@ Catzer,

Yea…for some people, it may sounded funny that we have not been to TGI Friday…But we’re glad we went there. We had really damn good food and we enjoy the moment.

@ Shaz,

Get Aizat to bring you there for a date. That chocolate milk shake was one of the best we’ve ever tasted.

@ Budeen,

That we don’t know. But if it’s true, we better go there more often on a Friday. Hope it’s true…. 🙂

7. alie d14 says:

jack daniel grill chicken?? sounds dodgy laaa… u sure the meat weren’t marinated with alcohol kah? jack daniel???? hehe but looks good la…mcam nak pegi je…asyik makan kedai mamak ajaa!

@ Alie,

mmmmm….itu kitorang tak sure la pulak….dah terbelasah….tapi memang cow-cow la….sekali-sekala makan mahal tapi best kira orait la…

just the 2 of us today. send the kids to baby sitter and then spend 1 whole day ,out, by ourself. having fun? yes. tapi bukan kat TGI la 🙂

@ Azwan,

Wow….that’s cool…but where?

11. Aizat says:

bro zaki,
    i am back! hehe.. milkshake look cool..

(anggaplah saya tak baca comment2 sebelum ni. hehe:D)

12. syia says:

aaa… jelesnye.. syia tak gi lagi TGI Friday. haritu ayah meng’jeleskan syia dengan bercerite dia pergi dengan kawan2 keje dia.. mahal ke? ala2 Nandos ke?

@ Aizat,

Where the hell have you been?

@ Syia,

Mmm….yea, it’s more expensive than Nandos….but the foods are marvelous.

14. zaki blogjer says:

Wow, congrat, is this the first post from you Zura? Looks like the blogging virus has infecting you from your hubby

15. zura says:

@ zaki blogjer,

Nope, not really. He begged me to write that post actually. Don’t let me go on and on about how he is not functioning in the house because of the virus. But since he enjoys it, then what can I say. I do enjoy writing though….

that why la am agak sangsi dengan menu nama jack danial tu… itu arakkan… do u sure it’s halal there..

@ Am,

mmmm…bab ayam tu, dah check la…We asked them. They said it’s ok. But, really tak perasan pasal wine stuff… harapnya…oklah…

18. Misha says:

Nice review and very nice pictures (I’m hungry now) but I’m still a McDonalds fan. I would choose to go to McD’s three times instead of TGI Friday once. I can’t help it!

@ Misha,

How old are you?
    For the past 30 years, I have dine countless times in Mcdonald. I love BicMac a lot. But, I don’t know why….Now I’m bored with Mcdonalds already!!!
    Maybe, too much of Mcdonalds….

I estimate that I have eaten in Mcdonalds nearly 3000 times already since I was a kid.

zaki am gila mcd gak… setiap minggu am akan makan mcd dalam 3-4 kali… benda yang dok order biasanya chicken mc deluxe dan quarter pounder…

@ am,

Oh ye ke….Well, my favourite is the Bic Mac while my wife’s favourite is chicken hot n spicy. However, i still love the creamy vanilla flavour of Mcdonald’s ice cream…

1. May 3, 2008

[…] quite difficult for my wife to choose what to eat from the menu. My choice was same as our first visit few months back. Some of you might think it is boring stuff, but I loved the Fish and Chips – the […]