Speed Updates

I’m quite busy and at the same time very exhausted. Today, after work, I slept until 11.30 pm and then I found myself browsing through Facebook with my other half.

Why I’m exhausted?

Well, it’s actually a combination between work (plus some stress) + the futsal game yesterday + KRT (Kumpulan Rukun Tetangga) activity. All of that in one day – one night.

Work

At work, besides the daily routine job, we’re preparing for a major plant shutdown this weekend. That means I’m working on Saturday and Sunday. Planning, preparation and all sort or arrangement must be carefully made to ensure jobs will run silky smooth. Earlier today, 2 dozens of “Mat Salehs” (western foreigners) from Europe paid a technical visit to my work place and I found myself entertaining a dozen of them! Pheewww…. Luckily everything when OK.

Futsal Game

It was a gigantic battle between KRT Bandar Pulai Jaya versus some school staff from Pekan Nanas, Johor. Though we played for just a mere 40 minutes, we’re really glad because our physical endurance ran out. Off course”lah”, because all players are categories as fathers!!! Panciiiit bebb!!!

KRT

After the futsal game ended about 10.05 (+ 5 minutes extra time), I returned home to get some rest and sleep because in just a few hours time I need to be awake. It was our turn (shift) to be a “soldier” protecting our territory. I woke up at 1.00 am, grabbed my M16 and a couple of grenades, walked my way to the our commanding area in front of my house. We guarded the area till 5.00 am.

p/s. We did took a break and had roti telur bawang and teh tarik at a nearby Restoran Mamak at 3.30 am.

ETC…

Featured in Skor Career

Mr. Zul from Skor Career made an interesting entry about my chemical engineering career. If you want to know me a little bit better, you can start from what I do. Well, I mean what I do for living. Thanks Zul.

skor career

Perfect Lunch Date

Yesterday, my wife traveled all the way from Skudai to Pasir Gudang (roughly 48km) to have a lunch date with me at Kedai Makan Rahmat. She has been begging me to bring her there for a lunch. At 1pm sharp we headed to Kampung Pasir Puteh, parked the car, sat and order our meal (what else – the famous Siakap plus other side dishes) I don’t want to snap anymore photos as I’ve done it before.

To my surprise, I met a group of suppliers who has been dying to treat me all this while. They almost completed their lunch. I’ve been avoiding their invitations by giving all sort of excuses. I whispered silently to myself, this is the perfect moment if they really want to treat me @ sponsor my lunch date! …and yes, while we’re enjoying our meal, one of them stepped to us and informed that they’ve settled our bill. That was really cool. We had a sponsored lunch date at Kedai Makan Rahmat!!! 🙂 I hope and pray, good coincidence like to repeat.

Timing Belt Overdue

One of my cars, Proton Waja Enhanced Version has passed the 80,000 km marked. It is time to replace the timing belt, alternator belt and aircond belt. However, if I send my car to the normal service station that I used to do all this while, it will cost be nearly MYR1,000 (including major service). I’ve surveyed for cheaper alternatives (around MYR300 to 400 for similar job) and I’m thinking to permanently ignore the Proton service center which are too costly. What do you think? Should I opt for the cheaper one?

1. Zul says:

Thanks Zaki for your contribution too. I hope many people and ‘juniors’ out there will benefit from your sharing.

2. NoktahHitam says:

Dah jadi pakcik2 of course la pancit~

About your car, since its the same maker as mine, I suggest you go for local workshop. I have tonnes of bad experience with Proton Service other than being too costly.

Among the experience I had was, I wanted to see how well they handle my car. You know la, car is always the second ‘darl’. (Also Ive de-standardized with some performance parts.)

And they didnt allow this, because its not safe, ok, understood. So I went to play around, jalan-jalan. When I got my car (which took them 4 hours!), I saw the total amount, it was a bomb, ok nevermind, will swipe (hahaha).

When I drove home, I noticed theres a significant feeling, it doesnt perform like it should. Hmm.. A few days passed by, its still under-performing.

I opened the bonnet, wah laa. My performance part was gone. All of it, thats the K&N air filter, spark plug (which cost RM230 for 4 piece), spark plug cable and grounding unit (I dont know whats it called but something like that la).

I went back to the shop and demanded these items to be fitted back. They told me, those items were discarded. How unfortunate! (I bet they sold it or use it on their car)

Anyhow, thats was the last time I visited a Proton Service Center. Ill never visit them again.

I dont know about your place, but I bet everything is the same, policy, mechanics attitude, garang secretary (bukan aku nak ngurat pon) and the play-safe boss (always saying, biase laa proton…mesti ade problem punye)

Hope that helps. Its almost like blogging on Zakiyamani! Hahaha

-NoktahHitam

3. megat says:

Same la pancit wakaka.

Very agree with NoktahHitam comment! But be careful with the other SC (service center). Somehow they do their job main-main too. Afraid that become worst to us. Better find the good SC with the good job perform and serve.

4. Aizat says:

i love playing futsal.. but this week very busy.. lots of assignments, projects and presentation.. so dun have much time for futsal.. wah siap grenade ek.. kalo perompak datang baling bom je lah.. nanti datang sungai besi tuka M16 dengan steyr.. sedap skit

@ Zul,

Ye. Sama-sama. 🙂

@ NoktahHitam,

Wow… You are very close to become a guess blogger in zakiyamani.com.
    Thanks for sharing those precious experience of yours. From now on, I’m not going to service my cars on those service center. For me, their service are OK. The only thing putting me off is the high cost!!!

@ Megat,

Yep, I already shortlisted 2 independent service center which can offer far more reasonable price.

@ Aizat,

Boleh tak guess blog pasal steyr?

wooo.. Group KRT jugak yer… biasla tu… mesti ada kes. itu sebab kena berkawal… yer tak..

@ Am,

Kes nye January tahun lepas. Tapi Alhamdulillah KRT kita bertahan dah setahun lebih. Kira orait la tu. Tempat lain byk yang dah berkubur.

8. shaz says:

KRT ni kt rumah shaz pun ade..ayah shaz pun ade kne jd “soldier” nie smpi tgh mlm..tp without M16 la..haha

@ Shaz,

Wah…sama-sama jadi soldier! Cool. Kalau tak bawak M16 dia bawak apa? Bawak rotan?

congrats for being featured again … tak lama lagi fames le mamat kimia ni .. and aku pun boleh tumpang sekaki 🙂

btw, regarding proton, better go outside due to
    (1) cheaper
    (2) faster service

but, since u r already familiar with proton, it can be difficult to find one ‘outside’ that u can trust, unless your other car tu dah terbiasa dgn workshop luar.

and that’s another reason, i pay RM30 per month instead of KRT

11. afham says:

kalo ajak futsal…cergas je aku.. 😀

@ Azwan,

Yea…. I’m considering to choose “outside” service center…

Good la…you gotto pay only RM30… But we don’t need to pay anything. On top of that, we get to use some M16… 🙂

@ Afham,

Ko muda lagi beb…

13. NoktahHitam says:

Cost vs Quality. The same consumer issue again and again.

Having to put close to 1k for 80k KM is a lot. After all both, Proton and local workshop uses the same product.

It’s best you find a great workshop and stick to it, Dead or Alive. I myself (actually family) have a panel workshop. We send our cars to them for the last 7 years. (Imagine the business they made from us alone!)

They thing I cannot tahan (tolerate) is pushy sales. e.g. Your brake pad is thin, you better opt for a new one or your tyre got no more thread, its dangerous you know. Stuff like that always put me off.

Try asking around, friends, neighbors, I’m sure they all have their preferred workshop.

14. zaki blogjer says:

I read the articles few days ago. Congrats Zaki. Zul has a fantastic review skills I’d to say.

err, what is KRT??

@ Noktahhitam,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I guess it’s about time for me to get a family mechanic or family workshop. Few years back, we already had a family mechanic but suddenly the guy disappeared… we suspected he was bankrupt! Well, now we’ve got to start all over again. I already shortlisted 2 workshop. I’ll evaluate them soon.

@ Blogjer,

Thanks. Yes, he definitely have that sort of touch. He has superb English too.

KRT = Kumpulan Rukun Tetangga…

yerla… selalu camtu… bila dah ok jer.. semua senyap…

@ Am,

The secret of sustaining the KRT is to organize various activities. Besides that, substantial number of KRT member fancy “ngeteh” at the restaurant nearby our zone.

18. Syam says:

@afham – next time kalau ada aktiviti futsal antara blogger, boleh la ajak zakiyamani jadi manager (dia dah takleh main full time dah 😛

@ Syam,

Wohooo…. Banyak cantekkk… siap boleh under estimate aku….
    Aku boleh main sejam…cuma time tu byk sgt orang yang nak main, so aku kenalah kasih chance orang lain main.

Tapi kalau jadi player manager pun cool gak?!! 😉

Idea futsal blogger is also cool 🙂

20. Syam says:

@ zaki – memang ade team futsal dikalangan blogger, senang je..ajak je blogger2 tu buat frenly..masing2 mesti ade network dia..cuma timing dan tempat tu je yg slalu prob

21. What a bunch of work you had 🙂 Glad that your day ended well 🙂