3 Days 2 Nights in Melaka?

I took a half day off from work last Friday to go to Melaka with my family. It was my wife… She attended an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) project meeting. It was part of her job as a consultant and I support her 100% πŸ™‚

melaka-1

We began the journey at 3.00 pm. On our way to Melaka, my son played with my Cybershot camera phone. He has the skill of a good photographer and we plan to develop his photographic skills. Perhaps, we’ll be getting him a simple decent digital camera for him to freely snap photos and download them. What do you think?

melaka-2

At about 5.00 pm we reached Air Keroh plaza tol. It took us about 30 minutes to reached Mahkota Hotel, the venue of the meeting that would be our home for 2 nights.

Some brief informations about Mahkota Hotel:

Mahkota Hotel is in the very heart of Malacca city. Combining tradition with facilities the Mahkota Hotel offers the very best in comfort, service and hospitality. The 617 rooms and suites at the Mahkota Hotel offer guests the choice of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom accommodation. Mahkota Hotel offers the complete resort package, within a short walking distance of the various sightseeing and historical attractions of Malacca. For dining, the Mahkota Hotel offers various choices of food including Italian, Asian and local favorites. Mahkota Hotel is situated on the waterfront close to Malacca’s commercial hub and adjacent to Mahkota Parade and the new Dataran Pahlawan, Malacca’s premier shopping and entertainment complex.

melaka-8

As we arrived at the hotel, my wife was informed that the entire 617 rooms and suites were fully occupied. Luckily we have booked a suite earlier. Wow… Mahkota hotel business is really kicking off!!!

melaka-7

Am I bored or what…? …snapping photo of the Mahkota Hotel Melaka tissue!!!

melaka-3

The hotel lobby is quite spacious. This is the only place where wireless service is offered at a rate of RM10 per day. Apart from that, wireless is offered at the seminar room at a staggering cost of RM200 per day. Ther’re no wireless available in the hotel rooms and that sucks me big time!!! As a crazy part time blogger, I disparately need to be connected, but not to the extend to spend hours in the hotel lobby! As a full time father, I need to be with my kids while my wife was busy with her business…

So, I decided to go online for a day using the Celcom broadband using my hand phone. I paid RM8 per day to get connected for 24 hours by sending sms to 28882 (thanks Abu for providing me the information). After I got online via my hand phone, I tried to connect it to my laptop via bluetooth. After 1 and a half hour trying, tweaking here and there, I still can’t get my laptop online. I got really pissed off and went off to sleep. Hence, for the entire 24 hours, I was only connected by my hand phone. Was it sufficient? Maybe later in future, I’ll get the proper tools to be connected anytime anywhere…

melaka-4

This view was taken from our 1 bedroom apartment. We were given a first floor apartment and the view was the pool side. We can get a sea view if we were given the other side of the block.

melaka-5

This is the reflexology area at the center of the hotel. I tried it and ouccchhhh!!!…. it hurts a little but it was ok. It’s a good therapy for me πŸ™‚ .

melaka-6

Another pool on the other side of the Hotel Melaka. Ohhh… I forgot to take the photo of the mini water park. I tried the water slide and slammed myself into the pool. As I got out of it, the life guard told me to get out!!! The slide was meant for kids. Oh…. what a shame… πŸ˜‰ So, I just smiled at him and said… “Saje, test power…!!!” πŸ˜‰

I’ll continue more of our short Melaka adventure in the coming entries…

I just realized that there was an update in β€œLondon” entry. Check it out :)

No Responses

alamak zaki. aku memang suka la dengan entry jalan2 carik makan or cuti2 malaysia camni. we as bloggers patutnya lebih promotekan malaysia kan. hehe. best baca posting camni. these are sets of true, fair and sincere evaluation of the places that we visit. hehe keep on blogging bro.

2. topo says:

though i live in melaka… I never go to mahkota hotel…quite a nice place

@ Knizam,

Ha’a….ye ye…you’re right. Need to promote our local wonderful places and delicacies to the whole world. Thanks for the encouragement. Love your aquaria experience too :0

@ Topo,

haha….is that true? Just go there, and walk in it. It’s a nice hotel + park.

4. topo says:

->Knizam
    gua suka idea ko…hohohoo best idea tu… hohoho boleh dijadikan idea tok blog aku yg dah agak bersawang tu…..

5. en_me says:

me thinks..

your son should keep that cybershot camera – it is a simple decent digital camera for him to freely snap photos and download them.. you should get DSLR laa my bro.. alala

@ Topo,

I think that’s also called blogging isn’t it?

@ en_me,

Woho….maybe in a 2-3 years time, when i use another hand phone, then i can pass him the cybershot. I like the DSLR but I think I don’t have the time to really enjoy it… But, I’ll consider it lah… πŸ™‚

7. Bent says:

Nice place and nice view too.. that kind of pool very unique and looking different from other.

8. syia says:

syia pernah pergi hotel tu sekali je..sebab prom nite mmu mase tu.. besh la hotel tu.. tp syia lagi prefer enquatorial.. sebab bilik dia besh.. sgt2 besh.. πŸ˜‰

tak gi jonker street ke?

9. jay says:

If you have some hotel room or view from hotel room photos you would like to share you can send them to info@hotelroomphotos.com
    or
    visit

thanks
    jay

huu..dah lama aku nak jenjalan. tapi asik busy je sekarang..:(

11. alie d14 says:

hhaha eh ko try slide tu??? haha…kan dah kena marah..naib baik tak terstuck! or worse, injure your bont*t masa landing tu! …funny boy as always!!!!!!

@ Bent,

Yep, the swimming pools were very well designed. Two big swimming pools were connected by a lovely channel. There are open jacuzzi and sauna as well + slides for kids… πŸ™‚

@ Syia,

Wow…prom night?!!! πŸ™‚
    I haven’t been to Equatorial Melaka. Perhaps later lah….
    Jonker street… hmmm… haven’t had enough time to explore it yet…

@ Jay,

Thanks for dropping in. I never knew there are sites dedicated for hotel room photos πŸ™‚

@ Titan,

Off course lah busy…sibuk mencari sesuap nasik kan… πŸ™‚

@ Alie D14,

Tu lah…aku tak tau slide tu meant for budak2 je. Patutlah aku try dan sliding aku tak smooth…macam slow pulak dan boring…rupanya air dia push tak kuat… untuk tolak berat badanku he he πŸ™‚

Buat muka tebal je lah lepas tu lepas kena sound πŸ™‚

14. Syam says:

@ syia – slalu mcm tu..tau2 je tempat tu dia dah pegi.bukan nak ajak πŸ™

15. megat says:

Tak sabar lak rasanya nak bawa anakΒ² aku jenjalan tempat-tempat menarik camni.

Yok jenjalan cutiΒ² Malaysia πŸ˜‰

@ Megat,

Yep… bawak-bawaklah anak2 tu jejalan. This Sunday, we’ll be heading north to Langkawi for a few days. Fuhhhh…. I cannot imagine betapa penatnya, dan betapa banyak nya duit yang bakal habis…!!! πŸ˜‰

17. Mohd Ismail says:

EIA? ha ha ha.. aku baru settle EIA utk plant design aku… gila merepek meraban.. ha ha..

memangla. bukan sesuap nasik je. Sesuap mee maggi..

@ Mohd Ismail,

Yep, EIA, so camna project EIA ko yang merepek meraban tu?

@ Titan,

My bro kata that is mencari sekeping pizza…