Very Slow Broadband Line

I used the internet extensively and for that reason I had installed Steamyx line in June 2006. However, recently the streamyx line is extremely slow and it really challenge my patient. I’m not sure what is happening and whether the others in my community is having the same problem or not.

If the problem continues, I’ll definitely seek some explanation from Telekom Malaysia (TM), the service provider of Streamyx. Are you experiencing similar problem? Besides calling the telco company, how do you rectify the problem?

1. Amir Hamzah says:

Well, whatever you do to rectify the situation, believe me when I said it will keep coming back. It’s the way of TmNuts doing business. That aside, I do face connection problem here at JB about (at least) twice a month ~~sigh~~

Hmm… if that’s the case, then what if we stop using TMNuts and try out maxis or Digi instead? The current speed is 384Kbs, not as fast as the theoretical streamyx speed that I’m paying. Maybe if Maxis or Digi can perform optimumly at 384Kbs, then that will be better than the so call 1000Kbs of Streamyx…!!??

What do you think?

3. bantingboy says:

semalam streamyx slow giler..sekarang dah laju balik. tak tau nape..

Itu lah pasal. Bosan nam mampos!!!! Bengang tahap gaban!!!

5. Amir Hamzah says:

Owh never try either of those myself. But I do have personal experience using Celcom broadband at Penang and truth to be told, it’s quite promising. Either way, if you want to subscribe to this wireless broadband stuff, I suggest you review the TOS or agreement of the service thoroughly. Just to make sure that you satisfy/understand with their promise and make sure they deliver their claim. Eg: Tm cap bandwidth for torrent, but they never mention that in their TOS 🙁

OK Amir,

Thanks for the suggestions. I never really look deep into the TOS. Going to check with a neighbour here because he’s using Celcom Broadband…

I’m a user of both streamyx & celcom broadband.. and from my experience, ADSL is better than 3G for it’s stability & reliability.. remember whenever we subscribe to a certain bandwidth, do not expect to get 100% out of it.. It’s a ‘BEST EFFORT’ service, and everyone knows it.. I believe whatever technology introduced in the near future, whether it’s 3G, HSDPA, or Wimax, wired is still better that wireless..
    As for 3G broadband, Celcom is the best in the country in term of area covered.. my 2cents

Maybe they should give a range. They can say that the speed is 1000Mbs and that is at its best effort service. What if it always perform at its poorest service, say 52 Kbs…just like a normal modem?

So, maybe they can give a range like 512 – 1000 Kbs. Or 384 to 600 Kbs. Then customer can know what is the lowest and what is the best effort. I believe now a lot of people is complaining about this speed problem of Streamyx. I just can hope they rectify the problem so that the slower pace occurance can be minimize.

aku drpd dulu tak puas hari. haha. tapi aku takde choice la. yg lain lagi hampeh. kalau wired aku pakai streamyx, kalau mobile aku pakai maxis broadband

Ye lah… You’re just like me. Not much choice we have… So, end up, maintain je lah streamyx tu kot… 🙁

11. Amir Hamzah says:

budeen, I do agree and understand with the ‘BEST EFFORT’ promises, but personally I also think that Tm took that for granted. It’s okay if problem arise once in a while, but to be hit at a very frequent rate is really not acceptable when all the reason they had were “at BEST EFFORT”. It seems like they do less to satisfy the customer and keep clinging on “BEST EFFORT”…my 2 cents

Jawab Budeen, jawap… he he 🙂

isk pehal lak nak kena jadi jurucakap tm ni.. kalau dpt elaun takpe gak.. luckily my streamyx is still as good as they promise.. 🙂
    nak power tunggu sikit lagi HSBB will roll out.. bandwidth up to 1Gbps