If I Can Turn Back Time…
Once in a while we need to do some reflection in our life. How are we doing so far? Are we a good Muslim? Do we donate our money for those in need? Are we those materialistic type of person who work day and night to accumulate wealth? Are we those type of lazy people and useless to the community? Only you can answer them… Sometimes, we don’t realize our weaknesses and we hope that some body else will let us know…
I did some reflection on myself few days ago while driving my car back from Kuantan to Johor Bahru. I recalled and reviewed my life. I have thought on some occasions that I should have adjust or improved. If only I can turn back time, what will I do differently…? Do you have that type of question lingering in your mind? I told my other half that I have a list of things that i will change if i can return to the past (not back to the future!)… Among them that I can think of right now are:
1. I will take a really super extra care of all my teeth. I have lost few now and I’m trying my best to protect and maintain my remaining teeth.
2. I will ensure that my father informed me earlier on an internship offered to me by a very large oil manufacturing company, Esso (now it’s called Exxon-Mobil) during summer 1998. I was in Bradford University, UK that time and I missed such a valuable opportunity.
3. I will study smarter and harder for my chemical engineering first degree. I want to get first class honours. I know I can do it with some extra hard work and effort. Damn… why didn’t I scored first class before?!!!
4. I won’t associate and involve myself in all those hopeless multi level marketing and/or direct selling that I joined after returning back to Malaysia after completing my first degree. I not only lost my money but also lost a lot of time. It took me 4-5 years to realize that those type of businesses are not meant for me.
5. I should have ventured into the internet money making business instead of activity listed in #4 earlier. That means, I should have indulge in web 2.0 around 2000 and not as late as July 2006. If I began at 2000, I might be a millionaire by now 🙂 .
6. I should have started my professional engineer mentor ship under IEM immediately after I graduate. If I do that at 2000, I’m now a professional engineer with the title Ir. in front of my name.
7. I should have send my son to the kindergarten when he was 4 and not 5. We have chosen the wrong kindergarten. We should surveyed a better kindergarten so that our son will be given better education.
8. I should have began investing in public mutual fund after graduating and not wasting my money in those multi level marketing businesses.
9. I should have started my chemical engineering blog using a wordpress platform.
OK, those are just a few of what I have thought earlier. What about you?