Free review: Sam, An Ebay Power Seller to be…
An artist, a trader, an ebayer and a blogger…
I have known Sam virtually in the 3rd quarter last year through his blog. I’m not sure if Sam is his real name or not (sorry bro). I’ve talked to him 2 or 3 times via yahoo messenger and it is fun chatting with him. By qualification, he is an architect and graduated from a university in United Kingdom, just like me. However, now he runs his own business online and offline in Muar, Johor. I have not met him personally yet, but I wish we can drink and chat together anywhere and talk business 🙂 . He is very successful ebayer and will be a power seller soon. He’s also a good artist and express his thoughts via his batik chanting.
8 things about his blog…
1. Sam runs his blog using blogger.com (blogspot.com) platform – samdaddycool.blogspot.com. I believe he’ll get his own domain very soon as he’ll be attending a blogging tutorial class personal coaching with otai blogger – Rohaizad.com this weekend.
2. Samdaddycool.blogspot.com has a stunning Google pagerank 2. His blog Alexa rank is 1,466,025 with average time people stay on his site is around 1.9 minutes a day.
3. I enjoy reading his blog because he share his stories on his business and his daily experiences. I also learned that he enjoys Formula 1 and update his readers on the race.
4. Personally I think he should not reveal his feedburner subscriber in his blog because he has only 1 subscriber. It’s better for him to show the number of subscriber when it reaches 100 or more. It’s good that he has the subscribe by email box/form to ease people to subscribe to his blog.
5. It is very unfortunate because Sam do not have an about page. An about page is a very important because first time visitors will visit to know more about him and his blog. This is difficult to do with a blogger.com platform but it can be done by adding an “about page” link.
6. Monetization wise, he have google adsense, bidvertiser and nuffnang incorporated in his blog. I’m not sure whether this is a good idea. Are they generating good income? There’s no harm adding those ads in the blog, but if they don’t really contribute to your income, it will be better to let them go. Focus on getting massive traffic and adding quality content.
7. In terms of design, I think he should switch to another more attractive blogger.com design theme. However, that’s just my opinion. It’s up to Sam to decide on it.
8. I noticed that the blog archive is not available. It will be tough for interested readers to browse through the site without the archive and labels. I think Sam should insert both archive and labels in his blog.
The above points are just my frank and sincere opinion. I believe Sam knows about it but have minimum time to improve his blog. Remember, he’s a busy businessman. I highly recommend him to get his own domain and hosting, and get everything started from there. He can get his blogging passion to another level with a wordpress platform. InsyaAllah.