Registering Haji Under Tabung Haji

Last Thursday, we went to Tabung Haji Kulai, Johor to withdraw and deposit some money. At the same time we registered our names to perform Haji. According to the female officer incharge, in order to register for Haji, we need to have at least RM1,300 in our Tabung Haji account. After registering ourselves (husband and wife), we were given a slip each. It was stated in the slip that we can go to perform Haji in 2025. That is 16 years from now. However, according to the officer, normally, before 10 years, Tabung Haji will invite us to perform haji. We should be ready from now. We have to prepare financially, spiritually, physically and mentally.

Last year’s cost to perform haji is around RM11,000. Tabung Haji have not declared the cost to perform haji in 2009. I wonder what will be the cost to perform haji 10 years from now. My guess would be around RM17,000 per person.

Let’s say in 10 years time Tabung Haji will call us and say it’s our time, that means we will be performing Haji at the age of 43. My children will be 17, 15 and 14 years at that time, if we still have 3 kids. Hopefully I’ll have more than that… 🙂

What about you? Any plans?

1. samdaddycool says:

I wish I can perform Hajj by next year (using private travel agency).. but I have to return to my 1st resolution for this year.. to settle all my debt. Wish me luck!

If I’m not mistaken, the cost to perform Hajj using private agency will cost somewhere around RM16-17k. But starting from this year the hotel won’t be nearby to Kaabah, I was told.

3. samdaddycool says:

..hmmm.. that’s sound ‘tak best’, since we’ve paid quite lot of amount, supposed we get better facilities (+ closer distance).. Anyway, that’s the only way to get to Mekah quicker, rather than waiting for queue…

Most of he hotels won’t be nearby anymore because of the project to expand the mosque i guess. If I’m wrong, I hope please let me know and share with us why this is happening.

And yes, with private agency, you can skip the long queue but still you’ll rely on Tabung Haji clinic in Mekah if you’re sick.

Bottom line, it’s good to go when you are ready. Don’t delay.

5. eyeman says:

i believe you have enough money to perform haji.

Financially capable might be ok for majority of us. But, the spiritual and mental preparation are imperative as well.

7. itisrajah says:

i wish i could go to mekah.
    adi kata sane sgt awesome!
    and he told me to go there and look at the beautiful view of masjidil haram by myself.
    suddenly teringin betul!
    =)

Hey, maybe we can go together-gether…kumpul duit je dulu… 😉

9. itisrajah says:

haha.
    together-gether?
    insyaAllah.
    kalau sempat kumpul duit.
    RM17k sure hard to collect la.
    huhu.

10. nazim says:

takaful ikhlas ada program jaminan haji, sbgi alternatif untuk we all sempurnakan haji… hubungi saya untuk keterangan lanjut..012-2751845

11. nazim says:

salam.. takaful ikhlas ada program jaminan Haji.. kami ada cara2 altrnatif yang efisyen untuk kita menjamin haji kita..Untuk keterangan lanjut hubungi saya…0122751845- nazim

Kalau macam tu, maybe Nazim boleh inform saya dan saya boleh kongsi dengan readers lain.