Teaching my kids playing cards

kad

Yesterday, we went to Jusco, a routine weekly activity, to grab hold of our groceries. On the way to the cashier, I saw some cards being sold. Looking at its price, RM2.90, I just took it and paid it with the rest. I want to play this with my kids.

At home, I played it with my kids and also our friend’s kids who happen to dropped by at our house. The kids were very excited playing the cards. I only know how to play 2 games. I have totally forgotten how to play other card games. That’s fine, I’ll google it later.

It is also interesting to capture the first moment of them playing cards like this. I hope to spend more fun and quality time like this with my kids. I’m proud that Ikhwan also is good in chess. I taught him how to play chess last 2 weeks and now he is good at it. As good as he is, he still cannot beat his sifu, that’s me. Maybe one day, he’ll be able to challenge and won a chess game against me.

1. itisrajah says:

me quite love chess too.
    nt bulih lawan ngan ikhwan la.
    ngan sifu dia takut.
    =)

Haha….OK, that’s good. You can be Ikhwan’s instructor… πŸ™‚

3. em..dah lama tak main gak game kad-kad nih..

Hehe…it’s really fun. After a long time not playing cards…then playing it with the kids…it’s really great… πŸ™‚

5. adamfaiz says:

I bought Saidina (because I couldn’y find Monopoly in that store) for my kids. They love it..and I used to spend some time playing with them. Now I only let them play during school holiday..not to distract them from their studies. Yesterday my daughter asked for a hoola hoop, and my wife bought it for her..at least she has something to play without bothering others.. πŸ™‚

Oh yea… thanks for the idea. I almost forgot about that game. I’ll teach them at least 5-7 card games, then I proceed with Monopoli or Saidina.

Thanks a lot for the sharing.

7. Jimmy says:

For some people, playing cards make them think about gambling. But is not true if it doesn’t involve money.
    Cards can teach our child counting and make them creative.
    I like a game called 99 which works like UNO. Really good to teach your child counting.

Yes, I agree with you. Maybe I’m going to teach some other card games and buy other games as well to play with my kids… πŸ™‚