This is very a unique and interestingly thought idea from the previous Coca Cola CEO, Bryan Dyson. He gave a 30 second speech which I think is true. However, his idea cannot be manipulated to the benefit of irresponsible staff. Carry on reading his splendid speech.
1. Work is a never ending process. You can never finish the works.
2. Interest of a client is not more important than your family.
3. If you fail in life your boss or client will not be the person to offer a helping hand but your family and friends will do.
4. Life does not mean coming to office, going home and sleeping. There is more to a life. You need time to socialize, entertainment, exercise and relaxation. Don’t make your life meaningless.
5. A person who sits in office still late is not a hardworking person. He is a fool who does not know how to manage works within the stipulated time. Besides, he is a loser in life who does not have personla or social life.
6. You did not study hard and struggle in life to be a machine and live a meaningless life.
7. If your boss forces you to work late, just forward him this article. He will try to make his life meaningful too.
Remember the following vital equations:
Leaving office on time = more productivity + good social life + good relationship
Leaving office late = less productivity + no social life + no family life.
This is my personal response to the message from the former Coca Cola CEO:
I strongly agree with him. However, employee / staff need to come on time and do all their work within the stipulated time. If he or she must come to work at 8am and leave at 5pm, then they really need to be punctual and follow that time to do their work. They cannot do other things that can reduce their productivity. They cannot spend 2 hours for lunch and tea. That is not fair. They cannot spend 2, 3 hours surfing the net and reading blogs or website or hanging in Facebook that may interrupt their work performance etc. They cannot go here and there, talking, chatting to others. All of these for me are cheating time. The time that is allocated to do work, we should take accountability and perform the work as honest and as responsible possible.
That’s just my 2 cents.
If you like to follow my musing, get updated whenever I publish new entry. Just subscribe to me by email >here<.