Diet Coke Anyone?
I have never tasted diet coke before, up until I started my diet last three days. To substitute for my carbonated drink that I love so much, I thought why don’t I drink diet coke instead. From what I read through the carb counter in the Atkins site, diet coke has 0 carb and no sugar at all. Therefore, as I reached the mall, I went straight to the beverage shelf and pick up a can.
Before I tried it, I read the labels on the can which says that any intake of low energy drink should be supervised by a doctor. That alone already triggered a not so comfortable feeling in me. It also says that the drink is not suitable for phenylketonurics, what the hell is that?
As I got home, I decided to give it a sip and it taste nice I thought. I wonder why does it has to be drank only with doctor’s supervision. Even my husband also tried it and says that it taste nice. To investigate on diet coke, yesterday I googled on ‘Is diet coke bad’ and I got an endless list of it. There are tonnes and tonnes of site explaining on how bad the drink is for a human being.
The culprit in the drink is the aspartame added in substitute of sugar.
Aspartame is poison!
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you’re eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you’ll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won’t lose weight using it.
BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70’s in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the “Burning Mouth Syndrome” experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet’s 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet’s 40% Aspartic Acid is an “excitotoxin” in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet’s breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!
- Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.
So there it goes. I was crushed. I decided not to continue drinking it anymore. Eventhough there are many more websites saying that it’s not that harmful because the aspartame content is low, I still think that I don’t want to harm myself. I would just have to bear my craving for carbonated drink these few days.
My husband very rarely drink them. He prefers good fresh filtered plain water, and he drinks a lot of it. What about you? Do you drink carbonated drinks?