We’ve reached Newcastle Safe and Sound

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Finally, after waiting for 10 hours in Amsterdam airport, we managed to be in the flight to Newcastle with a Boeing 737 KLM. There are various types of delay that made the flight delayed again. However this time, the delay was about 10 minutes and it was acceptable.

We landed at Newcastle airport at 5 pm local time (UK time). In Malaysia that is 12 am midnight. We hoped that our luggage flew with us. Luckily our luggage appeared at the collection belt and we were very grateful to God for everything. Despite of the flight confusion, flight cancellation, hours of waiting, finally we arrived safely in Newcastle and our luggage also correctly flew with our new flight.

We were fetched by the Malaysian community of Newcastle. One MPV and one car came to fetch us. Mr. Azizul (Newcastle Malaysian Chief (penghulu)), Mr. Khairi and Mr. Khairuddin took all the trouble to fetched us. We appreciate their kindness very much.


Ikhwan, Marsya & Alya posing outside of Newcastle Airport. They tried to get the feel of a very cold spring.


After getting out from the custom check point, we found Walker dispenser. This was one of our favourite chips while we were studying in UK 13 years ago.

Then, we we brought to Mr. Azizul’s house. He will be hosting us before we get our own temporary house for our 2 months stay in Newcastle. It’s good to have good, nice, kind and helpful friends like the Mr. Azizul + family and the other Malaysian community here. That’s the Malaysian spirit that we should cherish.

At about 7pm, we went to Mr. Khairi’s house which is within walking distance from Mr. Azizul’s. It took us about 5-6 minutes walk in the breezing cold temperature. I forgot to use my G-Shock Riseman to check the temperature. Later, I’ll definitely check.

Mr. Khairi and his family was hosting a his daughter’s birthday party. They served laksa penang and some nice caramel dessert. There were about 5 other families in the house and me and my wife got the chance to get to know them. It’s really cool event. My kids were all flat exhausted and slept at the couch.

At about 9pm, we walked back to Mr. Azizul’s house and prepared to sleep. Off course, before sleeping, I requested for Mr. Azizul’s password for his wi-fi. That’s how I managed to get hook of the internet now and blog about our first day, first night experience in Newcastle. Although it is brief, at least I managed to squeeze some time to record some of our initial adventure here in UK.


The birthday party that we were invited upon arrival at Newcastle. Mr. Khairi's home is at the Newcastle University accommodation flat.


Our sleeping beauties. So tired.

Share and Enjoy

You may also like...

7 Responses

  1. titan says:

    aishh..teringin aku nak jenjalan satu dunia ni..

  2. farahaznil says:

    2 month??????wow….jeles lagi aku nampaknya.haha

  3. samdaddycool says:

    perghh gagah lagi masing2 berjalan dengan jet lag tu ­čÖé teruja nampak walkers.. hehehehe

  4. cyza says:

    InsyaAllah one day bro..you can do it… You have lots of internet income…just accumulate them and travel.

  5. cyza says:

    Rilex Farah…no need to be jealous. You can do it as well if you want.

  6. cyza says:

    Anak-anak aku dah makan few walkers…aku juga belum betul2 enjoy lagi pasal sibuk dgn keperluan rumah etc.

  7. cyza says:

    Thanks bro.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.