The “30 Days Habit Strategy”
As a reader and blogger, I subscribed to some blog feed and also some mailing list of those who I am interested to. One of them is Daniel Scocco from Daily Blog Tips. Few days ago, I read a post from his blog titled “Do you use the 30 Days to a Habit Strategy?”
I found the article interesting and read it. If you wonder what it is about, just click the live link above.
Here are some snapshot of some good examples of positive habit one can practice to do for 30 days (adopted from Daniel Scocco article:
Examples of positive habits one can have:
- Exercising for 30 minutes every morning
- Meditating before going to sleep
- Remembering and using the first name of everyone, on every interaction
- Learning a new foreign language every couple of years
- Settings goals for the day every morning
- Reading a technical book for 30 minutes every morning
As for me, I think it is a good idea to ensure we slowly and progressively create good habits. If we really apply what is being recommended which is to do one habit per 30 days or per month, we will end up having 12 new habits per year, which is good.
After reading the article, I thought of challenging myself to create and sustain few good habits for myself. And I don’t want to wait for June to start it. I have started yesterday and the process will end at the end of next month (end June).
As for now, here are the good habits that I’m trying to inculcate to myself and I hope can keep on continue:
1. Constant short exercise – “10 push-up + 10 sit-up” in the morning, afternoon and evening. This will only take about 2-3 minutes per session. I hope after 30 days, I can add it to 20 push-up + 20 sit-up per session. This is mainly to gain my fitness. I used to do 100 push-up at one go when I was in my early 20s.
2. Solat Hajat + Solat Dhuha on a daily basis – This is crucial religious exercise for me. I would like to make it a habit, culture…hmmm….something that I will always want to do in order to be closer to my Creator. To Him I will make “doa” and pledge, share for anything. This will take less than 5 minutes per prayer. So, I think it is going to be a good exercise and practice as well.
I think that’s good enough for the start of my version of “30 Days to a habit” strategy. I purposely designed 2 habits for the month of June and if God will, I will create another 2 habits for the month of July.
What about you? Do you want to improve yourself in any aspect or field? You can create a good positive habit by applying this strategy.